CLOSURE OF TIMBERSCOMBE PLAYGROUND.
The Government has issued the following information on closure of public spaces:
Closing non-essential shops and public spaces
Last week, the Government ordered certain businesses – including pubs, cinemas and theatres – to close. The Government is now extending this requirement to a further set of businesses and other venues, including:
- all non-essential retail stores – this will include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons; and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets.
- libraries, community centres, and youth centres.
- indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as bowling alleys, arcades and soft play facilities.
- communal places within parks, such as playgrounds, sports courts and outdoor gyms.
- places of worship, except for funerals attended by immediate families.
- hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers).
Signs will be placed up stating that the play areas will be closed per government instructions and that safety checks will not be carried out during this period.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE PLAYGROUND AS IT WILL NOT BE CLEANED AND THE SAFTEY CHECKS WILL NOT BE CARRIED OUT DURING ITS PERIOD OF CLOSURE.
Many thanks for your cooperation.
Timberscombe Parish Council.
The next meeting of the John Arlott Playing Field Trustees is on Monday 24th February at the Village hall (following the parish council meeting which starts at 7.30pm). Here is the Agenda of the JAPF meeting – Feb 2020 Agenda TPC
The John Arlott Playing Field is situated in the centre of Timberscombe, adjacent to Bemberry Bank , TA24 7TY. The Play Area is open all day and is available for everyone to use free of charge.
The Play Area has a range of play equipment, along with some benches and a picnic table.
There is also space in the adjacent school playing field which can be used outside of school hours for ball games.
There is nearby street parking if required. There are no public toilets in the village but we do have a local pub with facilities.
The Timberscombe John Arlott Playing Field is a registered charity and is run by a village committee.
If you experience any problems with the Play Area please contact the charity clerk, Charlotte Hornsby by using the Parish Council contact form HERE.
The JAPF committee is an independent organisation which must raise its own funds for repairs and new equipment. If you would like to help us raise money to maintain and improve the area please contact the clerk at the above address.
To visit our Timberscombe Play Area Facebook page Click here
* Why not raise donations for John Arlott Playing Field every time you shop online through easyfundraising.org.uk?
It’s so simple to get going all you have to do is:
2. Sign up for free
3. Get shopping and start raising
No catches, no hidden charges and John Arlott Playing Field will be really grateful for your donations. All it takes if a few clicks of the mouse.
It would be fantastic if you could join me and really help make a difference!
Ps There are 3500 retailers to choose from including all the big retailers like ebay, Argos, M and S, Amazon, Sainsbury, ASDA, Tesco,