Timberscombe History Group now has a dedicated website at St Petrock’s History Group which features hundreds of historical pictures of Timberscombe and its residents with a wealth of background research.
This group was set up in 2018 to celebrate the local history of our area and meets regularly in the village church and issues publications at various intervals to members. Information about past meetings and publications are available at https://timberscombevillage.com/history-group/
Exmoor National Park lists 135 historic structures in the village or Timberscombe (click on Exmoor HER to view them). However, despite having an ancient Hill Fort , a Mill dating from at least 1341, a church dated from at least the 15th century and 14 listed structures, very little has been written about the history of Timberscombe until recently.
We would like you to send us:
- Articles and pictures of any of the historic structures in the village.
- Old photographs of Timberscombe that you would be willing to share online.
- Old documents, deeds or letters that you think would be of interest.
- Articles about past Timberscombe residents
- Anything else you think should be added to or history collection
Any articles should be written in “word” and any pictures should be JPEG.
Important – Permission must be given by the originator for us to post any old documents or pictures.
Please contact Tom Sperling at the website by using the St Petrock’s History Group contact page