The Government has issued the following information on closure of public spaces: Closing non-essential shops and public spaces
Last week, the Government ordered certain businesses – including pubs, cinemas and theatres – to close. The Government is now extending this requirement to a further set of businesses and other venues, including:
- all non-essential retail stores – this will include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons; and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets.
- libraries, community centres, and youth centres.
- indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as bowling alleys, arcades and soft play facilities.
- communal places within parks, such as playgrounds, sports courts and outdoor gyms.
- places of worship, except for funerals attended by immediate families.
- hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers).
Signs will be placed up stating that the play areas will be closed per government instructions and that safety checks will not be carried out during this period.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE PLAYGROUND AS IT WILL NOT BE CLEANED AND THE SAFETY CHECKS WILL NOT BE CARRIED OUT DURING ITS PERIOD OF CLOSURE.
Many thanks for your cooperation.
Timberscombe Parish Council.