Collections the week after the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday 25 May will all be one day later.
The week’s day changes, from Monday pick-ups on Tuesday to Friday’s on Saturday 30 May, will affect recycling, rubbish and garden waste. There will also be no bulky waste collections or waste container deliveries on Bank Holiday Monday.
On Bank Holiday Monday, 10 recycling sites will be open 9am-6pm: Bridgwater, Chard, Frome, Highbridge, Street, Taunton, Wellington, Wells, Williton, Yeovil.
Five other sites are expected to open from Tuesday 26 May: Castle Cary, Cheddar, Crewkerne, Minehead, Somerton. Dulverton will be closed on Bank Holiday Monday as it returns to its normal weekend only opening pattern from this weekend.
Restrictions on access and materials, including odd and even number plated vehicles on different days, remain in place, visit https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/reopen/ for details.
An online webcam is available for Minehead Recycling Site HERE so you can see how busy the tip is before leaving home.
You can not however see the queue outside!
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Somerset waste Partnership is highlighting vital waste safety advice for residents to keep themselves and staff safe:
- Take care when handling waste, including washing hands before and after putting out recycling and rubbish for collection.
- Disinfect waste container handles.
- Put no tissues, cleaning cloths, gloves or masks in recycling.
- If they have coronavirus symptoms or are in a household with someone showing symptoms, they should double bag tissues, gloves and disposable cleaning cloths, keep these bags separate from other waste for at least 72 hours in their home, and then add the bags to their rubbish.
And residents are urged to help crews work faster and more efficiently to complete their rounds with simple steps:
- Sort and segregate materials without using carrier bags in recycling boxes.
- Rinse containers and, if safe, flatten or squash everything except glass and aerosols.
- Get boxes and bins out by 7am on collection day and leave them out late so crews can reach as many homes as possible.
- Park carefully so waste trucks – and fire engines and ambulances – can get through.
For more information on kerbside services, recycling sites, and on COVID19 and waste, visit: http://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk